Saturday, August 22, 2009

august 22nd, 2009



vacuum

I think you’ve mistaken my desire to sit here alone. I am not troubled, I am not waiting on a friend, I am not scanning my surrounding out of boredom. This rooftop is beautiful and I just want to be alone, I want to sip my whisky and coke without the hassle of cordial, meaningless small talk. But now that you are here let us engage in just that. I do not despise people, in truth I love them, but I enjoy keeping to myself. I do not dread our short exchange to be, I am genuinely interested, which is precisely the problem. I can’t be a friend to everyone who needs one. A good, loyal friend is a full-time job, and I already have one of those. A true friend is by your side as oil paints the sky. But a true friend must also be there when the house of cards falls apart, when everything lies on red and the pellet settles uncertainly upon black. I’m already too old to be your acquaintance, so show me you’re worth fighting for… or get the fuck out of my way. I don’t have time for nonsense. I don’t want to waste your time, and I’m running out myself.


2 comments:

  1. "This rooftop is beautiful and I just want to be alone."...
    ..."I am genuinely interested, which is precisely the problem. I can’t be a friend to everyone who needs one."
    "A good, loyal friend is a full-time job, and I already have one of those."...
    "But a true friend must also be there when the house of cards falls apart, when everything lies on red and the pellet settles uncertainly upon black."...

    ReplyDelete
  2. .."so show me you’re worth fighting for"..

    that's one of the greatest cut up I've ever read.. that interpretes my feelings..probably it is because the author's sign is "libra" and I am aquarious..the same "air" group (astrological explanation)
    if someone had said to me like this, I would have asked that someone "the procedure" how to show "it" perfectly and would be gladly waiting for an answer.. as I was born into "some mistakes"..therefore I am alone so as not to make a mistake..but unhappy...trying to be happy by little things such as writing comments here..but it is a sacred duty for me.And I always feel responsible for my duties..

    ReplyDelete