Wednesday, January 19, 2011

january 19th, 2011



people are strange


Why did I agree to come?  I don't even like the beach.  I hate going in the water, you get all sandy when you come out and the water's freezing.  I don't know why she likes the beach.  Why did I agree to come?  It's too hot.  I'm going to burn, I know it.  Is that weird old man looking at me?  Is he walking over here?  Oh god, oh god.  Is he-- he is!  Lord in heaven I know I have sinned...

"Hello young sailor," said the old man.

"Oh, hi."

"I came over here for a reason, because God told me to.  I came over here to give you this here shark's tooth."  Contrary to his delusional identification, he actually held in his hand a white plastic fork.

"Thank you?"  I replied.

And away he walked.


1 comment:

  1. "I came over here for a reason, because God told me to. I came over here to give you this here shark’s tooth.”

    ReplyDelete