Thursday, March 26, 2009

march 26th, 2009



In a weird way this new site teases me to write more opinionated blogs and recommendations, but with the help of another, I realized I cannot do that.  So, from now on, I'm only going to post new pieces of writing, updates on my writing, and possibly older poems I feel like posting again.  I don't know why I initially wanted to change my formula.  I don't want to be a blogger, I just want a place to post my poetry.  Easton Ellis says it quite nicely here:

“I'm not a big believer in disciplined writers.  What does discipline mean?  The writer who forces himself to sit down and write for seven hours every day might be wasting those seven hours if he's not in the mood and doesn't feel the juice.  I don't think discipline equals creativity.”

Thank you Bret.  Goodnight.


1 comment: